Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Road Rage

I still can't believe I did this...

Last week, while on the way to work one day, I needed to make a U-turn. There was already someone in the intersection, so I sat there and waited for the person to be able to go. Then there was another lady that pulled into the intersection also (3 cars in the turn lane now) from Kroger.

The Kroger lady got ticked off because the 1st lady wouldn't move yet (which there was no way she could - wall to wall traffic). Kroger lady was yelling, flailing her arms about and honking in her car.

Before I could think against it, I honked my horn at Kroger lady because I thought she needed a wake up call at how ridiculous she was acting in a situation where nothing could be done at that point. Immediately, Kroger lady turns toward me and starts her yelling, flailing arms, etc.

It struck me as really, really funny that the lady was going nuts and that I had just honked at her, so while she is looking at me and yelling like a crazy person, I start cracking up laughing about the whole situation.

I still cannot believe I did this, but even as I sit here typing about it, it is cracking me up. Maybe it was really mean of me to do this. Maybe I shouldn't have. Maybe I could have been shot. But it sure did make me laugh.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think laughing is such an appropriate response to how mad some people get at things that are out of their control! I can totally relate to this story!

Unknown said...

you should have held your hands up to your head and wiggled your fingers while making a silly face. I bet THAT would have really ticked her off even more.

Lindsay said...

I think it is great. Nothing like laughter to make you realize how silly it is to be so angry about something so little. She may be angry at the time but I bet one day she will realize that girl did me a favor. :) I have to say Becky's idea is really funny.